• Ebru Balıbek
• TiO2 Photocatalysis for the refractory organics in wastewaters and for CO2 mitigation.
• Pollution prevention and Waste Minimization in Chemical Process Industries.
• Clean/Cleaner Processes for Sustainable Development.
• Decomposition of CH4 and wastewater treatment sludge in a Fluidized Bed
• Combustion of biomass wastes with oil shales and lignites in Fluidized Bed
• Mass transfer in multiphase catalytic/photocatalytic reactors
• Development of active sorbents for flue gas desulfurization
• Processing of hazardous wastes to produce new materials to use/recycle.
• Görkem, B., and Oğuz, H., 2006. Development of an active sorbent from fly ash for dry desulphurizationof simulated flue gas in a fluidized-bed reactor. Chem. Eng. J. , 119, 2-3, 147-152. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2006.03.018
• Öztürk, A.K., and Oğuz, H., 2005. The use of waste slag of a zinc recovery plant from brass and galvanizing tailings as aggregate in concrete, in: Chemical Engineering Transactions(edited by Jiri Klemes), Vol. 7, 351-356, AIDIC Servizi S.r.l., 2005. http://www.aidic.it/pres05/webpapers/95%20Oguz.doc
• Suyadal, Y. Erol, M. and Oğuz, H., 2005. Deactivation Model for Dry Desulfurization of Simulated Flue Gas with calcined Limestone in a Fluidized Bed Reactor. Fuel 84, 12-13, 1705-1712.
• Öztürk, A.K., and Oğuz, H., 2004. The Formation of Alite Phase by Using Phosphogypsum and Oil Shale. Cement and Concrete Research 34, 11, 2079-2082.
• Öztürk A.K and Oğuz, H. Low-energy cement clinker from the phosphogypsum and oil shale in a fluidized bed reactor, ICS-UNIDO International Conference on Renewable Resources and Renewable Energy: A Global Challenge, Book of Abstracts, P14, AREA Science Park Congress Centre, 10-12 June 2004, Trieste, Italy (Full text: http://www.ics.trieste.it/Documents/Downloads/df1671.pdf).
• Frank, E., Oğuz, H., Weisweiler, W., 2003. Modelling of kinetic expressions for the reduction of NOx by hydrogen in oxygen rich exhausts using a gradient-free loop reactor, Chemical Engineering & Technology (CET) 26, 6, 679-683.
• Karagöz, A. and Oğuz, H., 2002. Utilization of Phosphogypsum and Oil Shale as Raw Materials for Cement Clinker Production, in: Appropriate Environmental and Solid Waste Management Technologies for Developing Countries (ed. by Günay Kocasoy, Tamer Atabarut, İrem Nuhoğlu), volume 1, p. 381-388, İstanbul, ISBN 975-518-179-2(TK).
• Kartal, Ö.E., Erol, M. and Oğuz, H., 2002. Photocatalytic destruction of 2,4,6-trichlorophenol, in: Appropriate Environmental and Solid Waste Management Technologies for Developing Countries (ed. by Günay Kocasoy, Tamer Atabarut, İrem Nuhoğlu), volume 3, p. 1593-1600, İstanbul, ISBN 975-518-179-2(TK).
• Kartal, Ö.E., Erol, M., Oğuz, H., 2001. Photocatalytic destruction of phenol by TiO2 powders, Chemical Engineering & Technology (CET). 24, 6, 645-649.
• Suyadal, Y. and Oğuz, H., 2000. Oxidation of SO2 in a Trickle Bed Reactor Packed with Activated Carbon at Low Liquid Flow Rates . Chemical Engineering & Technology (CET). 23, (7), 619-622.
• Öztürk, A., Suyadal, Y. and Oğuz, H., 2000. The Formation of Belite Phase by Using Phosphogypsum and Oil Shale. Cement and Concrete Research. 30, 6, 967-971.
• Oğuz, H., Koch, S. and Weisweiler, W., 2000. Comparison of Mechanistic Models for the Catalytic Oxidation of Trichloroethylene over Cr/Al2O3 and Al-Cr/Porousglass Catalysts. Chemical Engineering & Technology (CET). 23, 5, 395-400.
• Suyadal, Y. Erol, M. and Oğuz, H., 2000. Deactivation Model for Adsorption of Trichloroethylene Vapor on an Activated Carbon Bed. Ind.Eng.Chem.Res. 39 (3), 724-730.
• Özkan, Ö., Çalımlı, A., Berber, R. and Oğuz, H., 2000. Effect of inert solid particles at low concentrations on gas-liquid mass transfer in mechanically agitated reactors. Chem. Engineering Science. 55 (14), 2737-2740.
• Yılmaz, E., Öztürk, A., Suyadal Y., Oğuz, H. and Çalımlı, A., 1999. Thermochemical Decomposition of Desulphogypsum with Oil Shale in a Fluidized-Bed Reactor: A Kinetic Study, Rev. Chem. Eng. 15, 4, 245-264.
• Şeşenoğlu, İ., Kartal, Ö.E., Oğuz, H., Erol, M. and Çalımlı, A., 1999. Degradation of Trifluralin by Using TiO2 photocatalyst. Rev. Chem. Eng., 15, 4, 223-231.
• Suyadal, Y. and Oğuz, H., 1999. Dry Desulphurization of Simulated Flue Gas in a Fluidized Bed Reactor for a Broad Range of SO2 Concentration and Temperature: A Comparison of Models, Ind.Eng.Chem.Res. 38, 8, 2932-2939.
• EU FP6 CA Project INNOVA-MED, “Innovative processes and practices for wastewater treatment and re-use in the Mediterranean region”, Contract No: INCO 517728, January 2007-January 2010.
• EU COST 636 Action, Xenobiotics in the Urban Water Cycle, September 2005-March 2009
Environmental Research Laboratories (E-316-317)